Monday 13 August 2007

Winner of the YesBut's Image - Caption of the Week Award

The captions that caught the eye last week were:

From Saturday:
Pope Terry 's caption - "if all these people weren't around I could eat that pigeon"

Siddharth Khandelwal's caption - "The two guys telling the girl, 'Now you dye your hair Green so that we can pass off as the Lithuanian flag'"

Sunday:
ozlady 's caption - "How on earth am I going to play that?"

madkatmom 's - “The sign here says this sculpture was formed from the millions of bits of Pete Townsend's smashed guitars from 1968 to 1978.”

Monday:
Pope Terry 's suggested caption - 'oh look its one of those flea ridden mangy parasite birds..... and a pigeon' Take that backpackers!

ozlady 's caption - “Having slayed the dreaded Backpacker, the pigeon sauntered across the railway station, disappearing into the flock of docile pigeons like the trained assassin he was.”

Doug 's caption - “Well that's the last time I date a human. Interspecies erotica is way
overrated!”

judyduncan 's suggestion - “Wow I guess my breath IS that bad....anyone have a Tic Tac?”

Tuesday:
Pope Terry 's suggested caption - Guy in Orange: "So if she said meet me on the second floor, does that mean I've been stood up again!"

david mcmahon 's caption - “Bottom falls out of the building industry.”

Siddharth Khandelwal's caption - “This building could be a perfect office for the "Top Heavy" company I work for.”

Wednesday:
Doug 's caption - “My bag of Limburger cheese did the trick. The beach is all mine now!”

Pope Terry 's suggestion - “After a long time from home Odyseus finally gets some good news or so he thinks: "HA, Poseidon be damned I have the bag of winds.... oh no I don’t, this is just Billy’s lunch..."

Thursday:
dadvid mcmahon 's suggestions - Does my (gun) butt look big in this?

Friday:
Chewy 's suggested caption - "Old Mother YesBut went to the cupboard to get her poor dog a bone."

Doug's caption - "Y2k Supplies! 1/2 off on 1999 vintage Y2K Supplies. Still freshly sealed. Stock up now for the next phony Apocalypse while supplies last!"


The first task was to produce a shortlist:

ozlady 's caption - “Having slayed the dreaded Backpacker, the pigeon sauntered across the railway station, disappearing into the flock of docile pigeons like the trained assassin he was.”

judyduncan 's suggestion - “Wow I guess my breath IS that bad....anyone have a Tic Tac?”

Siddharth Khandelwal's caption - “This building could be a perfect office for the "Top Heavy" company I work for.”

Doug 's caption - “My bag of Limburger cheese did the trick. The beach is all mine now!”

dadvid mcmahon 's suggestions - Does my (gun) butt look big in this?

Chewy' s caption -"Old Mother YesBut went to the cupboard to get her poor dog a bone."


It doesn't get easier 16 to 6, then to 1!

Click here to see the winner of YesBut's Image Caption of the Week Award for the week4th to 10th August.

No comments: