Sunday 4 February 2007

Me and my big mouth.

There’s a terrible chill around here - nothing to do with the temperature outside. It’s accompanied by a deathly silence. I’m afraid it’s entirely my own fault.

Being a Welsh supporter I just hate it when the England Rugby team does well. It’s even worst when I have to view it in the presence of an England supporter. I should have kept my mouth shut, but I couldn’t control myself and accused my wife of being a traitor supporting England. Married to a Welshman she should be a loyal Wales supporter. She stormed out of the room.

This morning I found she has removed the plug from the TV to prevent me seeing the Wales vs. Ireland match. Now I know what you are thinking, why not replace the plug? When my wife removes the plug, its more than an action, it’s a statement “Don’t even think of watching the game”. In the past I have beaten the ban by standing on the bed and using binoculars to watch the TV in the pub across the road. But she’s hidden the binoculars.

I guess there is only one answer; I have to grovel and eat heaps of humble pie, plus the offering of a large bribe.

Better go and perform an act of atonement.

Update

Negotiated a truce with my wife. I hoped I would have the staying power to perform the reparations she demanded.

But then I had a flash of inspiration. She cooked stew for lunch. While her back was turned I put a handful of salt in the pot. She was so embarrassed at putting in too much salt and I was so very very sympathetic that I was immediately forgiven for yesterday’s faux pas


So lets switch on the TV to see, I hope, Wales win their first game of the 2007 RBS Six Nations Rugby Championship.

No comments: